Ideas 2 Action Award Contest
1. Who is Versicor?
Dedicated to transforming the way products are developed, Versicor is an electronics, controls, and software development solutions company. Versicor offers turnkey Design to Distribution services with capabilities ranging from controls development, electronics, wiring, mobile design and development, data analytics and testing & validation. Versicor is a platform that simplifies new product development, decreases risk and increases speed to market for both new and established companies in the medical, clean-tech and transportation industries
2. How do I apply?
Visit our “apply here” page to find details on our easy application process
3. What is the application process?
Step 1: Click our “apply here” tab and it will direct you to the application form to fill out
Step 2: Complete the application form. It will ask you for the following:
- A description of the product/explanation of how it works
- How does your product benefit the end user?
- Where are you in the development process?
- What type of support are you seeking? (Electronics, advisory services for business, regulatory, or general product development support, and/or resources to help with software development, etc.)
Step 3: Once the form is complete you will be prompted to upload your design idea “pitch deck” (10-15) slides. Before submitting your design idea “pitch deck,” refer to the list below:
- Problem product is solving,
- Solution product is offering
- Market analysis
- Competitive advantages
- Inspiration for the idea/what is the societal impact it will have?
- Define what consumer needs are addressed
- The team
- Drawing or sketch
4. When is the application deadline?
The first round of submissions closed on August 15th. Keep an eye out for the second round to open in 2015!
5. How will I know if my idea has been successfully submitted?
You will receive an email confirmation, thanking you for your submission.
6. How will I know if my idea is chosen as an award recipient?
Once we have reviewed it, you will receive a 2nd email with our decision within two weeks from the submission close.
7. What kind of idea are you looking for?
Whether you are associated with a small start-up or well establish medical device, clean-tech or transportation company, we are looking for ideas that require electronics, controls, or software solutions, or that significantly impact the industry from professionals to end-users.
8. What is the judging based on?
We determine winners based on originality, feasibility, and potential benefit to end-users. We are looking for submissions that go above and beyond, that push the boundaries, and that will impact the way people live their lives on a daily basis.
9. Who should apply?
Whether you are a well established medical device, clean-tech, or transportation company, a start up looking to get to market quickly, or an individual with a great idea, we are looking to level the playing field by utilizing an extensive archive of existing code so every business, regardless of its size, has the opportunity to see its long-awaited idea come to life.
10. Does Versicor retain any ownership rights to the IP of my idea before, during, or after the selection process, regardless of if I am chosen as an award recipient or not?
No Versicor does not retain any rights to your IP at any time during the contest process. We do ask that if selected as a award recipient, we are able to publicize your idea and participation in the development process moving forward. If you do not already have your IP properly protected, we can also help guide you through that process.
11. Have additional questions?
Email us: [email protected]
Call us: 248.914.5582